Take our Torch Magical History Tour and Win a Prize.
- Download and print the Torch Magical History Tour (.pdf)
- Fill in your answers and send it to us.
- If all of your answers are correct, we'll send you a special prize!
Be sure to include your name, address and age.
Send your completed form to:
Torch Conservation Center
P.O. Box 178
Alden, MI 40612
These are pictures from the “Olden Days”. You can use them to help answer the questions.
1) This is the Alden Depot. When was it built?
2) This is the bridge that used to go over Torch River. How does it look different today?
3) This is the swing bridge that was over Clam River. What can you see in the water that’s left of the old bridge?
4) This it the Boathouse at Camp Hayo-Went-Ha. It was a boys camp first. When did it open?
5) Alden used to be called Spencer Creek. This is a picture of the mill at Spencer Creek. Where does the creek empty into Torch Lake?
6) This is the first Alden post office. What can you buy there today?
7) The Dockside restaurant used to be a store. What 2 lakes join together here?
8) This old school house fell through the ice when it was moved across the lake to Brownwood Acres. When did that happen?
9) Who is this park named after? Located in Torch Lake Village
10) This building used to be the post office of the village at the North end of Torch Lake? What is the name of that village?