When you use one of the 50+ access sites on Torch Lake, you become a neighbor for the day.
Did You Know?
Most public access sites are located at road ends. The Antrim County Road Commission retains ownership, but has transferred jurisdiction of a portion of most of the road ends to townships. Access size varies from site to site.
Access sites are maintained by the Parks & Recreation Commissions appointed by each of the 7 local townships around the lake.
Each township determines the amenities and rules for each site.
Access Site’s Responsibilities
It’s simple. The access site’s responsibility is to provide a place for you to enjoy the beautiful water.
This is simple too…enjoy nature and respect the neighbors!!
- Neighbor's property should not be used as a port-a-potty.
- Take only pictures. (lots & lots)
- Take your trash, including dirty diapers, with you.
Prevent problems before they happen
Prevent Swimmer’s Itch
Don’t feed ducks or any wildlife. Period. If you have to feed something, feed yourself or your friends and family.
- Banks Township: 231-588-6126
- Central Lake Township: 231-544-2537
- Clearwater Township: 231-331-6249
- Forest Home Township: 231-533-8003
- Helena Township: 231-331-4643
- Milton Township: 231-264-6100
- Torch Lake Township: 231-599-2036